MOD - TLR 1/5 Scale Championship Series
5th scale community comes with some of the most solid individuals and overall some of the best racing in our RC hobby! In an effort to bring everyone together from all round the West Coast this series will be coming to you in 2019 with the best 1/5 Scale Tracks on the schedule! Details are not yet set but we should have everything worked out by the end of 2018 with a race schedule worked out! All track owners have been contacted and are on board! We will make this happen!
Event Details (Details to be added or changed at any time before final draft)
- Final Series Champions awarded at final event
- 2 Day Events (Bring the Steaks and Hotdogs)
- 2-3 qualifiers, 7 to 10 minute Runs Ifmar or Rocket Round depending on event
- Main Events at seperate races will feature Long Mains, Triple A mains (Just to switch it up and gives everyone a different experience of the alternating formats)
- 4WD Truck - Sportsman (No Sponsors) / Expert / Pro
- 4WD Buggy - Sportsman (No Sponsors) / Expert
- 2WD Truck - Open
- 2WD Buggy - Open
- Beginner Class - Run Any 1/5
- $50 1st Entry
- $80 Unlimited
- Matthew Olson (MOD/MIP)
- Chris Higa (TLR/HORIZON)
- Trophies awarded for top 3*
- *If a class tends to be light after a few events like the 2wd class only 1st place will be awarded per buggy and truck for future events.
- 6 Race series
- Points from each sanctioned event count for overall championship
- 4 out of 6 count (2 throw outs)
- JBRL Style Points Layout
- 1 Point For TQ
- 1 Point For Each Event You show up to
- 2 throw outs 4 events qualify for overall points total
- Example 100 for 1st , 99 for 2nd , 98 for third ect.
- If TQ gets second and thats 99 points plus 1 point for TQ and 1 point for showing up Racer X would get 101 points for the day.
- If Racer Y beats Racer X he receives 100 points and 1 point for showing up so Racer Y and Racer Y would Tie for the day.
- Points added up after each event.
- 4x4 Truck
- Normal Style Truck Body with Fenders Front / Rear
- Example: 5T / MCD Truck
- 4x4 Buggy
- Max Width 480mm (Short Arm)
- Long Arm Buggy is allowed to race and podium but no points for placement will be awarded to be counted towards overall Championship Win.
- Buggy Body / Wing
- Example: 5B / MCD Buggy
- 2wd Open Truck
- Normal Style Truck Boy with Fenders Front / Rear
- Example: HPI Baja 5T/5SCT , Losi 5T (2wd Converted)
- 2wd Open Buggy
- Buggy Body / Wing no fenders
- Example: HPI Baja 5B / Losi 5B (2wd Converted)
Series Tracks Will include: (Tracks not in order of Dates) Please refer to the main links for dates.
- Socal Nitro Raceway 1/5 - 14800 7th St
Victorville, California 92395
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoCal-Nitro-Raceway-219468291977845/
- CVR 2.0 1/5 - 17799 Road 24 Madera, California 93638
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CentralValleyRCraceway/
- Fear Farm 1/5 - 2209 N 99th Ave
Phoenix, Arizona 85037
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2087226471525007/
- Delta RC 1/5 - 1400 W 10th St
Antioch, California 94509-6415
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeltaRC/
- Good Ol Boys Raceway 1/5 - 3805 Chester AveBakersfield, California 93301
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/goodolboyzracing/